Top Tips For Attending The Saint Lucia Carnival
If you’re planning on heading to Saint Lucia to experience the excitement and pumping rhythms of the carnival, you’ll need to know how to go about planning your trip. Here are some top tips to make sure you get the best experience:
- If you’re flying into Saint Lucia at carnival time make sure to book your flights well in advance. This is the most popular season of all to visit the island, and if you wait until too close to your trip you could well find that you end up disappointed.
- Remember to bring cash to pay for snacks and drinks during the day as you won’t be able to use cards everywhere.
- Don’t forget to drink lots of water along with the local rum – it can be very hot and you can quickly get dehydrated.
- Wear clothes that are lightweight and that will dry quickly if it rains – the Caribbean is well known for its sudden heavy rain showers!
- If you’re looking for the best spot to watch the Carnival Pageant and the Parade of the Bands, the area in front of the Castries craft market is highly recommended.
- If you’re only attending one event during the entire week of the carnival, the Parade of the Bands is the best as it will give you the experience of the full spectacle.
What to Do/Not to Do
If you’re planning on heading to any of the carnival events, you’re sure to have an amazing time. The most important thing is to relax, get into the spirit of the occasion and have fun. Of course, you should always make sure to stay safe, just as you should at any event of this type anywhere in the world. There are three main things to remember:
- Stay with your party and stay on the main carnival route
- Take care of your cash and valuables
- Don’t drink too much
Stay sensible and you’ll have a fantastic cultural experience.
Booking Your St Lucia Carnival Holiday
SN Travel know the Caribbean – we have 45 years of experience in Caribbean travel so we can get you a great deal on a St Lucia holiday and advise you of all the ins and outs of travelling to Saint Lucia Carnival. Many of the best Saint Lucia hotels and resorts offer special carnival packages, with special deals like free nights, reduced rates or all inclusive drinks. With two airports on the island, it is easy to fly in to St Lucia for the event as long as you book your flights well in advance – demand is high! We also offer Book Now & Pay in Instalments. Make an enquiry now or call us….