Purpose of this document
This privacy notice tells you how we, SN Travel, will collect and use your personal data.
The SN Travel Business Manager is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to SN Travel collecting and processing their personal data.
All employees and staff of SN Travel who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
Who we are
SN Travel is a business providing travel products and services to the public.
What personal data we collect
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit / debit card information (if you make a payment by card)
- Date of birth (if required for your mode of travel or destination)
- Passport details (if required for your mode of travel or destination)
- Medical conditions (if required for your mode of travel or destination)
- Website cookies and IP addresses.
Sources of personal data we collect
- When you ask us to provide travel products and services by phone or in person
- When you place an order for travel products or services on sntravel.co.uk
- When you enquire about our products or services
- When you sign up for SN Travel email, text-message, club membership, updates or other promotional materials
- When you enter a SN Travel contest
- When you are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- When you participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
Why we collect personal data
In order for us to provide you with travel products and services. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. We will contact you for additional consent before using your personal data for marketing purposes.
Processing your personal data
We will only process your personal data if the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract, or because or you have given us consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
Under some circumstances, consent is required for SN Travel to process personal data, in which case it must be explicitly given and can be withdrawn at any time. If you withdraw consent, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services.
You may withdraw consent at any time by notifying us:
- Online – contact form
- By telephone on +44 (0) 207 254 0136
How we use your personal data
SN Travel will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. SN Travel is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes.
Sharing of personal data
We may need to pass your personal data on to third-party service providers like Google (to provide you with a better website experience and more relevant content) as well as contracted to SN Travel, for example, airlines, hotels and vehicle rental companies that require this information to provide the services associated with your booking. These thirty-party service providers may or may not be located within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to use them only to provide travel products and services on our behalf.
Sharing of sensitive personal data
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, or if we are legally required to do so.
Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless the transfer is made to a country or territory recognised by the EU as having an adequate level of data security, or the transfer is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract, or you have given us consent to transfer your personal data for a specific purpose.
SN Travel will retain your personal data for as long as is required to fulfil any contract and for a further 10 years. If you opted in to be kept informed of our products and services, we will retain your data until you withdraw consent, which you can do at any time.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that SN Travel refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by SN Travel, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and SN Travel’s Business Manager / GDPR Lead.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
The supervisory authority is the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, and they can be contacted:
• Via their website at www.ico.org.uk
• By telephone on 0303 123 1113
Contact details of the Business Manager / GDPR Lead for SN Travel
Our Business Manager / GDPR Lead be contacted:
- Online – contact form
- By telephone on +44 (0) 207 254 0136
Document Owner and Approval
The Business Manager / GDPR Lead is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.